SCI REMC has designed a loan program to assist its members in making their existing homes more efficient, comfortable, and affordable.
- 6.0 % Interest Rate
- Amounts ranging from $2,000 to $10,000
- Payment periods ranging from 12 to 72 months
- No penalty for early payoff
- No interest or principle payment for the first six months (optional)
- Offered only to SCI REMC members
Qualifying home improvements:
- Approved heating & cooling systems
- Insulation upgrades
- Replacement thermal windows
- Insulated doors
- Emergency back-up generators (whole-house)
- Solar water heating systems
- All loans are secured against your property
- Qualifying applicants must be members of SCI REMC and live in a stick built or modular home. (Mobile home owners may qualify if they own the lot where the mobile home is permanently set up.)
- Loans are not available for energy efficiency projects completed prior to applying for the loan, the refinancing of completed work, or new construction.
- Complete and return an Energy Efficiency Loan Application along with a copy of the contractor’s estimate, a copy of your property deed, and a $35 check to cover the processing fees. (The check will be returned if loan is denied.) A letter will be sent to you regarding the status of the application within 10 business days after receipt of the application.
- After approval notification, the contractor may begin work.
- Member must notify the REMC when the work has been completed so a representative can verify the completion of all work as stated in the contractor’s estimate.
- After verification, a check will be issued jointly to both the member and the contractor.
- Loan payments will be added to your account once the work has been completed and the check issued.