Become an Active Member of Your Co-op!
Electric cooperatives like SCI REMC were created by people in rural areas who wanted electricity. They joined together in cooperation to supply electricity to their own homes, where investor-owned utilities refused to go (and still do). We are a not-for-profit, owned and operated by the 33,000 members we serve, across seven counties.
As a member-owner, we encourage you to get involved with your co-op.
Here are a few ways to get you started:
- Come to the Annual Member Meeting in August
- Attend our Co-op Conversations event in March
- Attend an Energy Efficiency Seminar (Topics include solar, air quality, small business, & more!)
- Run for a Director spot on the board
- Read the monthly member newsletter “Co-op Current”
- Sign up for our email newsletter
- Like us on Facebook
- Read through our website and review board meeting minutes
- Make sure you’re participating in Operation RoundUp
- Call us, stop by, email us, or chat with us online
Our employees are here to serve you, the members.
Please contact us directly if you ever have questions or concerns about your co-op.