We ask members to remain weather aware as we monitor the storm affecting our service territory. Rain and gusty winds are predicted for Wednesday, April 5. South Central Indiana REMC is preparing for potential outages from these weather conditions. We recommend our members also prepare for these scenarios.
- Read our “Restoring Power Safely and Efficiently” article to be educated on power restoration and the process of restoring electricity to our members.
- Our Severe Weather Page provides more information and tips on weather-related outages.
Reporting an Electric Outage
Ways to report:
1) Visit www.sciremc.com and click "Report an Electric Outage."
2) Download the "SCI Connect" app
3) TextPower, https://www.sciremc.com/member-services/textpower/
4) Call (800) 264-7362 or (765) 342-3344
Reminder – Outages cannot be reported through the SCI REMC Facebook page.
SCI REMC will provide updates and information depending on the severity of potential outages and other situations. Restoring power is a complicated process, especially when hazardous weather is involved. Our crews do their best to restore electricity as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Updates on the process of restoring power to potential outages will be made available on SCI REMC’s Facebook page and website (www.sciremc.com).