Billing Cycles & Meter Reading
SCI REMC utilizes a system of cycle billing for meter reading. This means that meters are read throughout the entire month, and bills are issued at four different times/cycles during the month.
There are four cycle areas covered by SCI REMC with separate billing schedules:
- Cycle 1, area north and east of Martinsville, Due Date: 28th
- Cycle 2, area south and southeast of Martinsville, Due Date: 5th
- Cycle 3, area southwest of Martinsville, Due Date: 12th
- Cycle 4, area northwest of Martinsville, Due Date: 19th
SCI REMC utilizes an automated meter reading (AMR) system that uses our power lines to remotely read customer meters, then transfers the data to our office.
The benefits to our members include:
- Lower meter reading costs
- Reduction in operational costs
- Improved member service due to the availability of daily meter readings
- Reduction in the duration of power outages due to quick notification
Automated systems can easily take readings daily or even hourly on request. This improves long-term and short-term planning, allows engineering to manage fluctuating usage more easily, and provides faster response to member inquiries.