Prepaid Electric helps you control your budget by making payments into your account as you can afford to do so. Simply add money into your SCI REMC Prepaid Electric account online, over the phone, or in our office, as your account needs to be filled – like filling up your gas tank!
To sign up for Prepaid Electric, just call us or stop in our office. You will need to make an initial $50 payment into your account to get the electricity flowing. No deposit is required for Prepaid, and members will not have late fees or disconnect/reconnect fees. Existing members who wish to switch to Prepaid Electric will have their deposits applied to their Prepaid accounts. Some restrictions apply.
- Never pay late charges.
- Never pay a deposit.
- Never pay disconnect or reconnect fees.
- Buy electricity when convenient.
- Go green, with no monthly statement.
- Easily monitor what you use.
- It is your obligation to be aware of your account balance. Daily account balance and account history (usage, charges and payments) will be available via the internet at https://billing.sciremc.com/sciremc/login.jsp. This website will also allow you to modify your notification settings. You are solely responsible for managing and updating the notification settings on your prepaid account. If your contact numbers are not current, you will not receive notifications and service may be disconnected as a result.
- If you have a Debt Recovery balance, 30% of any payments you make will go towards paying off that balance.
- Prepaid accounts are not eligible for Payment Arrangements.
- Pledges will not be accepted to keep electricity on. Any Energy Assistance or Trustee monies will be applied to the prepaid account once payment is received.
- Electric service will be subject to immediate disconnection if at any time the account does not have a credit balance. If the service is disconnected, any outstanding balance plus the minimum credit balance of $50 must be paid before service will be restored. Service will be restored remotely using SCI’s automated meters, normally within one hour after payment has been received. If the service cannot be reconnected remotely, someone will be dispatched to restore the service during normal business hours.
- If a returned check or a chargeback is received on the account, the amount of the return and a return item fee will be charged back to the member’s account immediately. If this causes the credit on the account to be exhausted, service will be disconnected.
- If at any time a Prepaid member wants to convert a Prepaid account back to a regular billed account, a deposit may be required, and any amount in debt recovery would need to be paid in full.
- Payments may be made in the office, over the phone, online, or by mail.
- You will see a miscellaneous charge on your Prepaid account once a month. This is to balance your Prepaid account with our traditional billing system. This may show as a credit or a charge to your account depending on the balance on your account in our billing system.
- If an account is disconnected and does not become active after seven (7) days, the account will be considered inactive, and SCI will mail a final bill or check to the last known address on file. Service terminated at the request of the customer will receive a refund of any remaining credit on the account.
- Prepaid service is only available on residential accounts with standard meters up to 200amp service. SCI Prepaid is not available for 400amp, instrument-rated, or meters that are not self-contained.
- Your electric rate under the Prepaid program is exactly the same as the regular billed program rate.
- There are no additional fees added to the Prepaid program.