The energy-saving potential provided by geothermal heat pump technology far exceeds that of all other consumer-based heating and cooling methods. With SCI REMC’s added incentives, geothermal heating and cooling become even more attractive. Install a geothermal heat pump to heat and cool your home and SCI REMC will issue a check! Install a new Geothermal Heat Pump System, in a new home, replace your existing fossil fuel system, replace existing air-to-air heat pump, or replacing an existing Geothermal Heat Pump system and receive $1,500.
UP TO $1500
Minimum Rebate Requirements
- Must be installed in SCI REMC service area
- Must provide before and after pictures
- Must show proof of purchase, serial and model numbers and size of unit
- SEER rating must be validated on the AHRI certificate
Submit a Geothermal Heat Pump Rebate Application
- All rules and requirements of this program have been followed.
- Applicant has read and agrees to the Residential Rebate Program Terms and Conditions (PDF)
- Applicant is a residential member of South Central Indiana REMC, an electric cooperative member of Hoosier Energy.
- The rebated equipment was installed and operational prior to submission of this application.
- South Central Indiana REMC is providing the electric service to the installation site address listed on this application. Rebated equipment is installed in the primary residence of the applicant.
- Applicant understands and agrees that neither Hoosier Energy nor South Central Indiana REMC assumes any responsibility or liability arising out of or related to applicant’s participation in Team Up programs.
- Applicant will allow inspection of the rebated equipment (if requested).
- Applicant understands applicant will not receive a rebate if applicant and/or applicant’s contractor fails to provide required program documentation.
- Applicant agrees to purchase power from South Central Indiana REMC for a period not less than the deemed measured useful life of rebated equipment. Should the applicant receive power from any source other than the electric cooperative, including generation owned by the customer, before the end of the equipment’s deemed useful life, the applicant agrees to refund the full amount of the rebate to the distribution cooperative.
- Applicant gives permission to Hoosier Energy to obtain usage information from their electric cooperative. Applicant understands that Hoosier Energy may use the usage information provided for program evaluation and analysis. If signing in a capacity other than an individual capacity, the individual signing the application form hereby represents and warrants that s/he is duly authorized to execute and deliver this application on behalf of the applicant.
- South Central Indiana REMC reserves the right to approve, deny or select the appropriate rebate amount .