ENERGY STAR® certified heat pump water heaters can save the average household over $250 per year on its electric bills compared to a standard electric water heater.
While a certified heat pump water heater costs more upfront, the savings will pay back the difference in about 3 years for a typical home. Replace your aging electric water heater before it fails, and start enjoying the savings right away.
Earn a $500 rebate for installing a minimum 40-gallon heat pump water heater
MINIMUM EFFICIENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Must be a heat pump or hybrid water heater
- Minimum 40 gallons
- Must be installed in primary residence
- Must be all-in-one units. electric resistance tank or tankless water heaters are not eligible.
Limit of 2 water heater rebates per member household per life of the rebated equipment (13 years).
To receive a rebate, all homeowners MUST provide a completed rebate application, proof of purchase/invoice, and photos before and after installation.
The application must be received by South Central Indiana REMC by December 15, 2023, and installed in 2023 in order to qualify for the 2023 Rebate Program.
- All rules and requirements of this program have been followed.
- Applicant has read and agrees to the Residential Rebate Program Terms and Conditions (PDF)
- Applicant is a residential member of South Central Indiana REMC, an electric cooperative member of Hoosier Energy.
- The rebated equipment was installed and operational prior to submission of this application.
- South Central Indiana REMC is providing the electric service to the installation site address listed on this application. Rebated equipment is installed in the primary residence of the applicant.
- Applicant understands and agrees that neither Hoosier Energy nor South Central Indiana REMC assumes any responsibility or liability arising out of or related to applicant’s participation in Team Up programs.
- Applicant will allow inspection of the rebated equipment (if requested).
- Applicant understands applicant will not receive a rebate if applicant and/or applicant’s contractor fails to provide required program documentation.
- Applicant agrees to purchase power from South Central Indiana REMC for a period not less than the deemed measured useful life of rebated equipment. Should the applicant receive power from any source other than the electric cooperative, including generation owned by the customer, before the end of the equipment’s deemed useful life, the applicant agrees to refund the full amount of the rebate to the distribution cooperative.
- Applicant gives permission to Hoosier Energy to obtain usage information from their electric cooperative. Applicant understands that Hoosier Energy may use the usage information provided for program evaluation and analysis. If signing in a capacity other than an individual capacity, the individual signing the application form hereby represents and warrants that s/he is duly authorized to execute and deliver this application on behalf of the applicant.
- South Central Indiana REMC reserves the right to approve, deny or select the appropriate rebate amount .