South Central Indiana REMC will deliver wood chips accumulated during the normal course of the right of way clearing to any member requesting them (when available). We are only delivering in our service area and cannot guarantee delivery.
Wood chips will only be delivered to members of SCI REMC.
Wood chips are a by-product of the maintenance line clearance tree trimming work being done in your area. All desired dumping sites must be marked clearly. Once the chips are dumped, it will become the responsibility of the person making the request to relocate the wood chips. South Central Indiana REMC makes no guarantee to the quality, load size, type, or condition of wood chips that have been chipped to make the load. A suitable and accessible dumpsite is needed for the truck size and condition of the surface being driven on. Our crew foreman may refuse to dump at a site if he or she feels conditions may jeopardize the safety of employees, the general public, or company equipment.
Please note: Every attempt will be made to accommodate your request, but South Central Indiana REMC makes no promise or guarantee of time or date of actual delivery of one or more loads of wood debris/chips.
To request wood chips, email vegetation management.
Wood Chip Delivery Terms
- The average size load contains approximately 12 cubic yards, which is about 3 ½ feet high by 8 feet wide by 12 feet long.
- From about April through October, the mulch is full of green leaves and is in a composting stage.
- Green mulch takes approximately 4 to 6 weeks to deteriorate. Using mulch in the green state may severely damage garden plants and shrubs because it is in a composting stage.
- During the warm season, green mulch may attract stinging insects, i.e., yellow jackets, wasps, etc.
- During the deterioration process, the mulch will have a strong odor like any rotting grass and leaves. It can become extremely hot and may ignite due to spontaneous combustion.
- The mulch will kill grass under it, and it will stain a driveway.
- The mulch will probably contain stringy material such as small sticks, etc.
- Do not burn wood mulch in any wood-burning stove, fireplace or furnace, etc.
- The mulch will mold and mushrooms may be present.
- Children should not play in the mulch.